Monday, March 5, 2012

The Usual Suspects

I managed to get 3 of the 5 things on my previous wishlist, but I doubt I’ll achieve the same with this new one. Mainly because as my makeup accumulation grows steadily more obscene, I need to be more selective when it comes to further purchases. (At least that’s what I tell myself.)


1. Urban Decay Naked2 Palette

I get into this awful habit of lusting after a product, convincing myself that I don't need it and trying very hard to resist the urge to cave in, only to buy several cheaper alternatives in the vain attempt to satiate my craving. The more time passes and this palette isn't mine, the more brown/grey/taupe eyeshadow I buy when all I really want is Naked2.

2. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters

Hurry up and get to Australia. I'm not desperate enough to resort to Ebay (I've somehow managed to steer clear of that place altogether), and no doubt when they do arrive they'll be exorbitantly priced, but at the very least I'd be able to swatch them in person and try them out. Everything I've heard and seen about the colours and texture make these hybrid balm/lipsticks a must-have.

3. Beautyblender Sponge

Do I really need a somewhat pricey egg-shaped sponge? I haven't even tried more conventional sponges to apply my foundation, but something about the Beautyblender intrigues me. I have this hunch (or hope) that it will deliver what it promises and blend foundation to an airbrushed finish, but I guess I won't know till I actually buy it.

4. Sleek MakeUP Blush By 3

I need these. Why don't I live in the UK?

5. Dior Ultra Shimmering All Over Face Powder in Amber Diamond

I do not need another highlighter. I do not need another highlighter.

10 comments:

  1. "I get into this awful habit of lusting after a product, convincing myself that I don't need it and trying very hard to resist the urge to cave in, only to buy several cheaper alternatives in the vain attempt to satiate my craving." - are you me? ;) I can definitely relate to most items on your wishlist. The Lace Sleek By 3 blush pans need to be somehow mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the curse of the beauty obsessed!

      Hopefully the blush palettes become available on their website later on. But at the same time I'm a little wary of Sleek's delivery times ... then again, maybe I'm just overly impatient.

      Delete
  2. That sponge looks interesting, I really want one of those sleek blush palettes, but I don't know why haha.

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, probably because the colours look gorgeous! The Beautyblender is definitely an odd thing, but it promises so much :p

      Delete
  3. yes.. you do not need another highlighter! LOl JK to be honest, I think we can all be cheap for products like mascara or eye brow pencil but when it comes to powder, foundation, highlighter, pressed power, blush, etc. we need to splurge to product our skin! hehe How do u like the Naked2? Was it what you dreamed of?! I also wanted to get it but I, too, talked myself out of it. Aiyo.. HELP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely hope to not buy another highlighter for a long, long time! Sometimes I think I should be more conscious about the quality of the products I put on my face and more closely investigate the ingredients, but more often than not I just slap on whatever's there. I haven't bought Naked2 yet, it's pretty amazing that I've managed to restrain myself for as long as I have! But I have the original Naked palette which I use often and love, so I'm trying to be content with that. I wish I could help you, but I think I need more assistance than you, lol.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely fabulous products dear!!! And you’ve got a gorgeous blog too!!!
    Check out my blog and if you feel like drinking a sip of ABSOstyle with me, we could followed each other by GFC + Bloglovin’ … ;) I’ll be waiting for you!!!

    KISSES!
    Estefanía J. ABSOstyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god, I love all of these! I wish I lived in the UK as well so I'd have access to Sleek! And I've been lusting over that Dior highlighter forever, but it's true- I really do not need another highlighter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cave in and get the Urban Decay palette! I have this one and use it almost every other day now. So handy and they're quite pigmented, although shimmery so be sure you like that look. Also, don't use the included brush; while nice looking, it makes the shadows flake a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness gracious, I was SO adept at managing my beauty budgeting ... but that is all going to change after stumbling upon your blog! I think I need to increase my quota! That Sleek MakeUP Blush by 3 palette in the Lace version is possibly the most perfect colour combinations I have set my eyes upon - all different hues of perfectly peachy tones to suit my mood! Ahhh, I am most definitely wishing I lived in the UK right now! Perhaps I might try and do the eBay thing ... ;)

    Love, Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...